It is a new year with new car and truck models available. Maybe you’re heading to the Twin Cities Auto Show to compare vehicles side by side to help you decide on your next purchase. Or maybe you’re just looking to change car insurance companies for yourself or your company. No matter what’s triggered your interest, there are a few common car insurance questions that get asked frequently. We wanted to share some answers with you.
Common Car Insurance Questions
- Do I need full coverage or liability insurance?
- Many people think that when they pay off their car, it’s a great time to drop down to liability only for insurance. This may be a mistake – but here’s how to figure it out. Can you afford to replace your car in the event of a total loss? For example, if your car is worth $8000, can you afford to replace that cost or go without a car until you can? If you answered “no”, then now is not the right time to switch to liability only.
- Should I change my deductible to a higher amount to save on my premiums?
- That depends. Again, what can you afford to pay if you have an accident? Would paying a $1000 deductible to fix your car leave you financially strapped? How comfortable are you coming up with the money to pay your deductible? If $1000, $500, or another amount is what is comfortable, then you may want to discuss changing your deductible with your agent.
- Do I have a enough liability insurance?
- The easiest way to answer this question is to ask – what are your assets? Do you own your home, a business, savings accounts, several vehicles, other property? The total of all your assets should be protected by liability insurance.
- Which states do you provide insurance for?
- Citizens Insurance Agency provides insurance for the state of Minnesota. We do not provide insurance in any other states.
We’re here to help guide and support you with your insurance needs, including automobile insurance. If you have additional question about car insurance including coverage amounts, costs, have high-risk or specialty insurance needs, or want to discuss your personal situation contact Citizens Insurance. One of our agents will answer your questions and help you find the insurance policy that fits your requirements.Request Car Insurance Quote