Archives for November 2018
As the deer hunting season kicks off there are many things to consider. We think about safety and insurance coverage. Many have heard hunting safety tips often, but we’ll share a reminder. Maybe you’ll think about something in a new way. Also, it is a good time to check over some insurance coverage to make sure your items are covered.
Hunting Safety Tips
The Minnesota Department of Natural Resources provides hunting safety tips that all hunters should consider. You’re welcome to read the information they provide and check out their resources. We’re going to highlight a few items that stand out to us.
- Take a hunting safety class – firearms safety is a popular choice.
- Be familiar with your surroundings. Know the land you’re hunting on or have a map and review it prior to hunting.
- Carry a basic first aid kit and survival items.
- Let someone know where you are going and when you’ll return.
- Carry a compass and know how to use it in case you get disoriented.
- If you are using an elevated hunting stand check to make sure it is secure and stable. Use a fall restraint device.
- Pat attention to your surroundings and the people around you.
- Be care and enjoy your hunting experience.
Insurance Coverage Considerations
Hunters can spend lots of money on hunting equipment like guns, bow and arrows and more. Do you have your hunting equipment listed on your homeowner’s policy? Would you want them replaced if they were damaged or stolen? Check with your insurance agent today to make sure you have the right coverage before you head out to hunt.Contact Citizen’s Insurance